Personal Property

Billing Cycle

The current statement reflects business operations for the previous year. For example, the 2011 bill is for operation in 2010.

If you sell your business

If you sell your business you must contact the Kittitas County Assessor's Office at 509-962-7501 with appropriate documentation to end the billing process on your business.

Delinquent taxes

Personal property taxes are considered delinquent if the first half is not paid on or before April 30th. Once personal property taxes are delinquent, they must be paid in full for the current year to avoid the distraint process.

Distraint process

Per RCW 84.56.070, if personal property taxes are not paid before they become delinquent, the Treasurer shall forthwith proceed to collect. In the event that the Treasurer is unable to collect, he or she shall prepare papers in distraint. Additionally, if delinquent personal property taxes are not paid by July 31 of the current tax year, a lien will be filed against your business and/or your name.

The lien may be attached to your real property

Per RCW 84.60.040, when necessary the County Treasurer may charge the tax on personal property against real property.


If you own a business within Kittitas County and have filed bankruptcy, please be sure to provide the Treasurer's office with all necessary documentation.

Online services

Our website can be used to obtain personal property tax information, making payments using a credit or debit card, and to change your address.

Distraint Fees - Businesses

If personal property taxes remain unpaid by a business, the following fees will be incurred:

Fees added August 1 of the tax year
Case file preparation     $ 200.00     
Official notice of distraint   100.00    
Recording fees   Actual cost   (To be determined)
Letter preparation fees   24.00    
Certified and regular mailings   Actual cost   (To be determined)
Total   324.00   (Plus postage, recording fees and all delinquent taxes)

All fees are subject to change.

Should you have any questions, please contact our office at (509) 962-7535.