Top FAQs:

What do I do with my yard waste?
How/when/where can I get rid of special/moderate risk/hazardous waste?
Where may I take my garbage and recycling, and how much does it cost?
What is the population of the County, and what are other Census data?
Who are the Board of Commissioners and what do they do?
How do I apply for a building permit?
Do I need a building inspection?
Do I need a building permit?
What are my responsibilities regarding noxious weeds?
When and how do I pay my property tax?
How do I apply for a job with Kittitas County?
Applications are only accepted for announced job openings. If there is a job posted that you are interested in and qualified for, applications may be completed online. View Job Opportunities Page View Job Opportunities Page
Once I have applied for a position, how will I know if I am being considered?
All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and submit a complete application prior to 5 PM on the closing date will be considered. The process of screening and selecting qualified candidates can take a number of weeks. Following this process each candidate will be notified by phone, e-mail, or mail. If you have not heard any news within two weeks from the closing date, contact the Human Resource Office.
Where do I get information on current job openings?
All current jobs will be posted on our web site under the heading Job Opportunities, and posted just outside the Human Resource Office. You may also call the Human Resource Office and inquire about available positions. View current job opportunities
Can I get a Hepatitis C test at the public health department?
We test for Hepatitis C by appointment. For an appointment, please call 509 962-7515.
Can I get my HIV certification at the public health department?
One and two hour blood borne pathogens and HIV/AIDS awareness trainings are offered upon request.  Call 509-962-7515 to request a class.
Can I have my water tested?

Water test kits for Valley Environmental Laboratory are available at 507 N Nanum St in Ellensburg. This lab is state approved for water analysis. The most commonly requested tests are coliform bacteria and nitrates, but many other tests are available. Samples are picked up daily.

Booking information
Booking information may be obtained through our posted inmate roster on the Sheriff's web site. http://www.co.kittitas.wa.us/sheriff/roster.asp
How do I Bail or Bond an inmate out of jail?

Contact Kittitas County Jail at 509-962-7527 for an individual bail amount.

Kittitas County Jail is a 24/7 facility that accepts bail at any time of the day.  

An individual can have a no bail which means that the judge has yet to apply a bail amount to the case.

An individual can have a Cash/Bond Bail which means that the courts have placed a bail amount for which the individual can be bailed out on. There is three ways an individual can bail out.

  1. Bail can be posted at the front door of KCJ. An exact cash amount for the listed bail can be brought to the front door. The bail will be processed and a receipt for the bail will be given to the inmate at time of release. The inmate will walk out the front door of KCJ once the release paperwork has been processed.
  2. Bail can be posted thru a bail bond company.  There are many bail bond companies authorized to write a bond in Kittitas County. There is a fee for writing the bond and it is not refundable. The fee is between you and the bonding company. Kittitas County Jail does not provide referrals to any specific bond company. Inmates have access to Bail Bond Companies phone numbers
  3. Bail can be posted online by going to Allpaid https://allpaid.com.  Allpaid accepts major credit, debit, and prepaid debit cards. Allpaid can also be contacted by phone as well at 1-888-604-7888 or 1-877-392-2455 for personal assistance with the bail. The cardholders will need to pay a service fee – 7% of the bail total - at the time of the transaction.
How do I visit an inmate?

Video Visitation

Visits are by appointment only and are set up by the visitors. All visits MUST be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.  All visitors must be at least 18 years of age or accompanied by a legal guardian. The visitor may be asked to provide proof of legal guardianship.  KCJ offers two types of visits with inmates, onsite and at-home. Visitation hours are Sun-Sat 9AM to 2PM.

To schedule a visit visitor can do it through the monitors in KCJ lobby, online at www.inmatesales.com or by calling 1-877-998-5678.

Visitation Policy

Inmate visitation is a privilege. Any violation of the visitation policy will have their visitation terminated for an undetermined time and will be hand case by case.

  1. All rules set forth for non-contact visitation shall be adhered to when using the video visitation.
  2. Proper attire is required. No low-cut blouse or tank tops, short skirts or dresses, tight shorts, hats, or any other form of provocative dress will be allowed. Shirts and shoes must be worn.
  3. All visitors must provide proper state or government issued photo identification (i.e. driver’s license, foreign ID or passports) for inmate visitation.
  4. Any sexual, profane, or inappropriate behavior shall result in loss of video visitation privileges for the visitor and/or inmate.
  5. An adult must accompany all visitors who are under 17 years of age. Children must be monitored at all times.
  6. Visitors are subject to a pat-down search prior to entering the visitation area based on jail policies.
    1. Any visitor who refuses this search will be denied entry to visit.
  7. Smoking, food, or drinks are NOT allowed in the visitation areas.
  8. No personal contact visits are allowed with inmates
  9. Any disruptive or inappropriate behavior by a visitor can result in termination of visitation privileges.
  10. All visitations On-site and Off-site are recorded and are subject to being monitored.
    1. By engaging in a visitation, you consent to the recording.
    2. Service provider shall not be liable for the unauthorized use or disclosure of recorded visitation.


Onsite Visits:

  • Visitors can come to KCJ lobby and set up a visit themselves using one of the visit booths located in the lobby.
  • There are limited slots available during specific hours so it’s a first come, first serve basis.
  • Visits last 30 minutes.
  • Onsite visits are free.
  • Visits must be set up during inmates out time. Visits scheduled outside of this time will be canceled by jail staff.

Visitation Monitor in KCJ Lobby

  • Visitor can schedule multiple visits on any given day as long as they are schedule during inmate out time.

Blue Phone in the lobby

  • If there are any issues with the visit, please contact CTEL customer service at 1-877-998-5678 or use the blue phone next to the video monitors in the lobby that will connect you to customer service automatically.


At-Home Visits:

  • Visitors unable to or not wanting to come to KCJ lobby can set up a visit by going to www.inmatesales.com.
  • There are limited slots available during specific hours so it’s a first come, first serve basis.
  • Visits last 30 minutes.
  • At-Home visits have a fee of $0.20 a minute.
  • Visits must be set up during inmates out time. Visits scheduled outside of this time will be canceled by jail staff
  • Visitor can schedule multiple visits on any given day as long as they are schedule during inmate out time.
  • If there are any issues with the visit, please contact CTEL customer service at 1-877-998-5678.


Guide on how to set up an account on Inmatesales.com

  • Follow the prompts to create an account.
  • Select new purchase to
    • create a visit onsite or online,
    • email the inmate,
    • add funds to their chirping (texting) devices (if available),
    • add funds to their phone accounts or your own.


  1. Create an account
  2. Select new purchase
  3. Enter Facility name
    1. “Kittitas County Washington”
  4. Choose a Product for access to:
    * - Will only need to know the individuals name to find them in the system.
    1. Direct Pay – add money to inmate account to call you ONLY
    2. * PIN Debit – add money to inmate account to call ANYONE
    3. * VIEW – remote video visit
      1. Offsite visiting – minimum purchase 30 minutes for $9.23
    4. VIEW – email
      1. Bundles start at $12.30 for 30 emails
    5. VIEW – Onsite video visit
    6. * Chirping Test messaging
  5. Enter prompted information or select provided link

Inmatesales home page will have links to what you have purchased or scheduled.



  1. Select new purchase
  2. Enter Facility name
    1. “Kittitas County Washington”
  3. Choose a product:
    1. VIEW – Remote video visit
      1. Offsite visiting – minimum purchase 30 minutes for $9.23
    2. VIEW – Onsite video visit
  4. Enter Prompted Information Select Provided link
  5. “Request Access”
    1. To select inmate for visiting
      1. Approval is automatic, once approved you will not have to make any additional requests
  6. Select “Schedule Visit”
    1. Follow Prompts: Select the inmate for visiting, date and time for visit, and etc.

“My schedules” on the home page will show all future dated visits

***Can select to start a visit from “Start visitation” on the inmatesales home page.***


First page to Inmatesales.com.

An account can be created or accessed.







After creating an account or logging in, you are taken to the home page of inmatesales.com.

Where you can make a new purchase of items and start visits.


After choosing one of the products provided, it will show your personal information which you can verify, and at the bottom of the screen it will ask you for the inmate’s name and how much of the product you want to buy.



After clicking on “New Purchase” the system will prompt you to choose a facility. The facility name will be “Kittitas County Washington”