Property Owner Name Change

If the name change is being requested due to a marriage, divorce, or death, the process will be handled by the Kittitas County Assessor's Office.

If this name change is a transfer of property ownership due to a sale or change in identify, the process will be handled by the Kittitas County Treasurer's Office. In order for the ownership transfer to be processed, you will need to file a Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit at the Treasurer's Office. If the transaction is a sale, real estate excise tax in the amount of 1.53% of the gross selling price is due on the transfer. The Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit is available for download on the Treasurer's website, or you can contact us at (509) 962-7535, and we will forward a copy of the document to you.

NOTE: Each person owning property in Kittitas County is assigned an Owner ID which allows us to accurately send tax information on all properties owned, as well as helping us to provide a high level of customer service when questions arise. If the owner name appears differently on separate properties, we cannot know that they are associated. For example: John Smith, John A Smith and John & Ellen Smith will all be given different owner ID’s, even if the mailing address is the same. If you own multiple properties and you want your name to appear the same on all properties you own please verify your owner name information when submitting an Owner Name Change request. If you would like to combine all of your properties under one Owner ID, please contact the Kittitas County Assessor's Office.

If you need to change your mailing address, use the Mailing Address Change Request Form.