Electronic Filing Available for All Case Types and Division III Court of Appeal Matters

The Kittitas County Clerk's Office accepts e-filing from those attorneys who have registered with Superior Court. Please see list below of documents that are not eligible for electronic filing. New case filings cannot be filed electronically, contact the Clerk's Office regarding your options.

Registration instructions

If an attorney is not registered, you will need to register as an individual, not a as business:

  1. Sign-in to our website, or create an account
  2. File an Electronic Filing Registration
  3. After the registration is received and approved by the Clerk's office, you may file documents electronically.

Submittal instructions

E-filing will not be mandatory in Superior Court.

Images scanned at 300 dpi will be accepted for e-filing.

Each submission is limited to 6 files and each file is limited to 50Mb in size.

Applicable cases and other pleadings can be filed after the filing fee has been paid and case number has been assigned.

Attorney Signature: For purposes of e-filing, attorneys may sign their documents in the following manner:

            s/ John Attorney
            State Bar Number 12345
            ABC Law Firm
            123 South Fifth Avenue
            Seattle, WA 98104
            Telephone: (206) 123-4567
            Fax: (206) 123-4567
            E-mail: John.Attorney@lawfirm.com
Or you can sign and scan the document. See GR 30 Electronic Filing Rule.


The electronic documents will be considered filed when it is received by the clerk's designated computer during the clerk's business hours; otherwise the document is considered filed at the beginning of the next business day. (Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm, except scheduled holidays)

A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the filing party along with a conformed copy of the document.
NOTE: If the document is accepted, the system will send the full conformed copy of the document as long as the file size is within the county's email attachment limits. If the full document is too large to be emailed, a conformed copy of just the first page will be sent instead. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please call (509) 962-7531 before resubmitting any documents.

If you need to change your primary e-mail address, you must re-register with the Kittitas County website, then submit a new Electronic Filing Registration under your new account.

Sealed Cover Sheets: Per GR 22 in Family Law and Guardianship cases, the appropriate cover sheet must be attached to the original document(s) for it to become sealed AND a separate copy of the cover sheet must be filed for the public file. This policy applies for E-Filing as well as documents filed at the Clerk's Office in person or by mail. Please use the correct cover sheet for the type of documents being filed. E-File the document with the cover sheet as the 1st page and also e-file the cover separately as 1 page document for the public file. Below are the sealed covers sheets provided by Washington State Courts at www.courts.wa.gov/forms.

Declarations: If you are e-filing a declaration follow the instructions as described in GR17(2) for facsimile transmission and attach a GR17(2) declaration to the back of your document.

The following documents shall not be e-filed and must be filed in paper form:

  • Exparte orders to be signed by exparte judge
  • Foreign judgments
  • Original wills and codicils, including new probate cases that include original wills or codicils
  • Certified records of proceedings for purposes of appeal
  • Negotiable instruments
  • Bail bonds
  • Documents presented for filing during a court hearing or trial
  • Documents of foreign governments under official seal
  • Bench copies for the judicial office
  • Bonds in probate and guardianship cases
  • Documents for filing in an Aggravated Murder case
  • Administrative Law Review (ALR) Petitions
  • Interpleader or Surplus Funds Petitions
  • Documents submitted for in camera review
  • Affidavits for Writs of Garnishment and Writs of Execution
  • Writs (that have to be issued by the Clerk)
  • Letters of Testamentary
  • Letters of Guardianship
  • Letters of Administration
  • Court orders needing a judge or commissioner signature – unless submitted AND marked as “PROPOSED”