Frequently Asked Questions

How can I view a PDF document?
You can use the Adobe Acrobat Reader
How can I view a .dss file?
You can use the Olympus DSS Player
How do I view a .MP3, MP4, MPEG, .MKV file?
You can use the VLC Media Player
Do you Give Legal Advice?
We do not give legal advice to private citizens. We have a statutory obligation to provide representation to Kittitas County.
Where should people go to get legal advice?
They should contact a private attorney
What if I can't afford an attorney?
You may retrieve the form online to obtain counsel and then send complete form to court where you are charged:
Court Forms: Indigent Defense
What if I am a victim of a crime that has been reported to law enforcement?
Call our office and speak to a Victim Witness Specialist or email this office and we will route to appropriate personnel.
Will a Prosecutor Speak with me if I am Represented?
Legally, the prosecutor cannot talk to you.
What if I really want to speak with a Prosecutor?
You may email this office which can be routed to the right attorney to respond if needed/appropriate or put their request in writing and leave it for you to deliver to the prosecutor/legal assistant.
Whom can I talk with about my case?
You may talk with a defense attorney.
When is my Court Date?
You will be sent a notice from the Clerk’s Office when your court date is or you may contact them directly:
Superior Court Clerk’s Office at (509) 962-7531
Lower District Court Office at (509) 962-7511
Upper District Court Office at (509) 674-5533
Or online at Washington Courts website.
How does someone make a complaint or file a crime report?
Call law enforcement. For crimes occurring within the city limits of Cle Elum, Roslyn, Ellensburg, Roslyn and South Cle Elum contact Kittcom (509) 925-8534. For crimes occurring outside the city limits of Ellensburg, but still within the boundaries of Kittitas County, contact the Kittitas County Sheriff's Office (509) 962-7525. If there is an imminent emergency, call 9-1-1!