Welcome to the Kittitas County Clerk's Office
- The Kittitas County Clerk's Office does NOT accept fax filings or email filings.
Hard copy is required.
- Passport photos are now available in the Kittitas County Clerk's Office.
See our passport page for more information.
The Superior Court Clerk's Office primary responsibility is to file and index all
records filed for Kittitas County Superior Court and Family Court.
These case types are filed in the the Superior Court Clerk's Office:
- Criminal felony cases
- Civil filings
- Domestic filings
- Probate/Guardianship filings
- Paternity/Adoption filings
- Mental illness filings
- Juvenile dependency filings
- Juvenile delinquency filings
Our weekly motion calendars are on Mondays as follows:
- Department I
- Adoptions - 9:00 am
- Civil, Probate, Domestic - 9:00 am
- Pro Se - 10:30 am (dissolutions, protection orders)
- ARY/CHINS/Truancy - 4 pm
- Department II
- Juvenile offenders - 3 pm
- Criminal - 1:30 pm
We do not require telephone confirmation for motion calendar cases.
- Electronically certified copies
These documents are available through ClerkePass at
ClerkePass User Manual 208k
- Fee schedule
Please see fee schedule for current clerk's fees. Orders
sent via mail for signing ex parte require a $30 fee.
- Bench copy requirements
Bench copies are required for all motions heard by the Court prior to the hearing
(with time standard met by statute) and should be sent and marked Bench Copy with
date, time of hearing, and Judge indicated on the copy.
- Local Rules
For information about our local court rules, please visit the Washington Courts
We also act as the sub-agent for the Seattle Passport Agency. We can process
the applications for new passports, and provide the forms for passport renewals.
- Family Law Handbook
the legal implications of marriage and divorce in Washington State
- Other jurisdiction's
Court information is accessible from
Kittitas County Clerk
Superior Court Personnel
- Judge Frances P. Chmelewski
- Judge Scott R. Sparks
- Anna Barnaby, Administrator