Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


Are religious services offered?

Religious services are offered Wednesdays and Sundays.

Booking information
Booking information may be obtained through our posted inmate roster on the Sheriff's web site.
Can I drop off inmate medication?
We do accept medication that has been bubbled packed by the pharmacy.
How do I Bail or Bond an inmate out of jail?

Call the Kittitas County Corrections Center at 509-962-7527 and ask for the charge and bail amount on the individual.

  • No Bail: means no bail.
  • Cash/Bond Bail: means you can go to GovPayNet who accepts major credit, debit and prepaid debit cards or you can call 1-888-604-7888.  Cardholders will pay a service fee – seven percent of the bail total – at the time of the transaction.   You can also pay cash payments (Not credit/debit/prepaid debit cards) at the jail.  Unfortunately we cannot make change so please have the exact amount ready when posting an individual’s bail. 
  • Bond: There are many bail bond companies authorized to write a bond in Kittitas County.  There is a fee for writing the bond and it is not refundable.  The fee is between you and the bonding company.  Kittitas County Corrections Center does not provide referrals to any specific bonding company. 

How do I call an inmate?
Unfortunately we cannot take messages for an inmate. It will be up to the inmate to contact you via the telephone or mail.
How do I collect an inmates property?
A property release form must be filled out and signed by the inmate prior to picking up any items. The recipients must stop by the corrections facility to pick up the inmate property. We do not mail inmate property. Please bring photo ID for identification purposes. The recipients name must be on the release form before the items can be release. The recipient must sign for the items.
How do I contact the Kittitas County Corrections Center?
You can call 509-962-7527 or mail to:
    205 West 5th Ave.
    Suite 1/Jail
    Ellensburg, WA 98926
How do I find out an inmate's court date?
Unfortunately we do not have inmate's court dates.  You will have to contact the court for that information.
How do I put funds into an inmate's account?

You can mail a money order into the corrections center addressed to the inmate.

You can drop by the corrections center lobby and use the kiosk to place cash on the inmate's account. The kiosk does accept credit cards and debit cards as long as you have a valid driver's license. There is a fee to use the kiosk.

You can go through the website: or by calling 1-866-394-0490.

How do I send a letter to an inmate?

You can send a postcard or a letter via the US postal service. Do not put any stickers, perfume, obscene pictures, drugs, or any unauthorized items on the postcard, letter, or envelope. Letters written in gel/paint pens are not allowed.

All items mailed will be searched and you may be prosecuted for illegal items.

Kittitas County Corrections Center
(Inmate's name)
205 W 5th Ave. Suite 1/Jail
Ellensburg, WA 98926

You can also send an eMessage by downloading the Securus Mobile application on your smartphone or tablet, or visiting

If you have any other questions about our mail policy call the Corrections Center at 509-962-7527.

How do I set up a telephone account?

Kittitas uses Securus Technology. Please call 1-800-844-6591 to set up an account. Please be aware of RCW 9.73.095.  You can review it at:


How do I visit an inmate?

It is up to the inmate to request the visit 24 hours in advance and notify their visitors of the date and time of their visit. Inmates can request up to 2 adults and their children per visit. We will not limit the number of children coming in to see their family member. All visits will be held via video visitation. To visit an inmate from home you must set up an account to visit. Please go to or call 1-877-578-3658. There is a fee to visit from home.

Please bring Photo ID to enter our facility. Visitors must be 18 years of age or older to visit an inmate. If you are under 18, you must be accompanied or visiting a parent or legal guardian. The visits are up to 30 minutes long.

Visitors that are rude, disrespectful or not dressed appropriately will be denied their visit and asked to leave the facility.

Everything that comes into this facility is subject to search. Please bring only your picture ID.

Here is the link to the Video Visitation Times:

What items can inmates purchase?
Inmates can purchase phone time, commissary, stamps, and hygiene products.

Sex offender registration

How and when are sex offenders registered and what information is made public?