Press Release


Kittitas County Commissioners - Seeking Volunteers

Kittitas County, WA - 09/27/2017 - Kittitas County is seeking volunteers for the following Boards, Committee's and Commissions. The below listed Boards, Committee's and Commissions currently have vacancies or will have members with terms ending at the end of 2017.

• Airport Advisory Committee
• Area Agency on Aging
• Behavioral Health and Recovery Advisory Board
• Board of Equalization
• Board of Health
• Building & Fire Safety Board of Appeals
• Conference of Governments
• Developmental Disabilities Advisory Committee
• Fair Board
• Horticulture Pest & Disease
• Kittitas County Homelessness & Affordable Housing Committee
• Land Use Advisory Committee
• Law & Justice Council
• Library Advisory Board
• Open Space Advisory Committee
• Planning Commission
• Road Variance Committee
• Solid Waste Advisory Committee
• TV Improvement District Board
• Veterans Advisory Board
• Water Conservancy Board

Kittitas County strives to build a productive working relationship between citizens and County departments. Your input gives the County valuable information and expertise that might not otherwise be available. It helps citizens learn more about the County and enhances the sense of community that makes Kittitas County a special place. Citizens who serve on these boards, committees and commissions help to enhance diversity and ensure quality services to meet the needs of our growing County. We invite you to join the citizens who comprise these groups as they represent the voice of the community.

Please note that some of the terms will not begin until the current term expires which is typically in December. Some vacancies are District Representative specific and/or Agency Representative, and that priority will be given to current members should they choose to seek reappointment.

If you are interested in filling a vacancy on one of our boards, committees or commissions please stop by the Commissioners office to view vacancy's or check out our website at
You may also choose one of the following ways to pick up an application by going to the Kittitas County Courthouse, Commissioners' Office -  Room 108, or download the form at or email your request to the

Kittitas County, from the Cascades to the Columbia, and online at


Mandy Buchholz, Deputy Clerk of the Board II