Press Releases and Public Service Announcements
- Armed barricaded subject arrested 05/09/2013
- Kittitas County Deputies attempting to serve a felony warrant for probation violations yesterday at about 2 PM, resulted in the subject barricading himself in a large shop armed with a weapon. Daniel Soules, age 55 from Ellensburg, was arrested without incident around 6:30 AM this morning after a lengthy standoff.
- Sheriff's Office Swears in new reserve deputies 05/03/2013
- On May 2, Kittitas County Sheriff Gene Dana swore in five new reserve deputies. The officers had just completed the academy and passed the Washington State Training Center's final test.
- Inmate trustees continue to help save tax dollars 04/19/2013
- Kittitas County has always supported the use of inmates for fairgrounds and county building maintenance to save thousands of tax dollars each year. Recently through the purchase of a sewing maching, trustees are repairing their own clothing and blankets that might normally have been thrown away.
- Sheriff's response to school safety 12/21/2012
- Law Enforcement has increased security in Kittitas County Schools.
- Update.Student injuries were self inflicted 11/08/2012
- At approximately 10:30am this morning, a 17-year-old Kittitas Secondary School student walked in to the school with a gunshot wound to the chest. The student received non-life threatening injuries and was transported in stable condition. The shooting is alleged to have occurred in a residential development east of the school grounds. School staff immediately initiated lockdown procedures and called law enforcement.
Investigators have determined that the gunshot was self inflicted. The student left the school at about 9 AM, went home, and shot himself in the barn. The weapon has been located. No other details are available at this time.
- Kittitas County Sheriff’s Office – Evacuation Level Update 10-19-12 10/19/2012
- The Kittitas County Emergency Operations Center has removed all evacuation levels related to the Taylor Bridge Fire and Table Mountain Fire. There are no current restrictions.
- Table Mountain Fire – EOC Update 10-11-12 10/11/2012
- The Kittitas County Emergency Operations Center has reduced the evacuation level in the Liberty area to Level 1, effective 5pm today. This includes the town of Liberty, Liberty Road, Pine Gulch Road, Red Top Road, Williams Creek Road, Harkness Road, Cougar Gulch Road, Boulder Creek Road and Liberty Mountain Association.
- Table Mountain Fire - Evacuation Levels Updated 10/03/12 10/03/2012
- The Kittitas County Emergency Operations Center has reduced and removed evacuation levels and has coordinated the reopening of more state lands in the Table Mountain Fire area, effective 6pm today.
- Table Mountain Fire - Evacuation Levels Updated 09/26/2012
- The Kittitas County Emergency Operations Center reduced some evacuation levels and coordinated the reopening of some state lands in the Table Mountain Fire area, effective 12pm today.
- Table Mountain Fire - Kittitas County EOC Update 9-21-12 09/21/2012
- The Kittitas County Emergency Operations Center has coordinated with Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) on additional state land closures, effective at 12pm today, in the Colockum, Parke Creek and Quilomene areas.
This is in addition to the closures already in place for the Naneum State Forest and Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest (east of US97 to the Naneum State Forest).
- Table Mountain Fire - Additional State Land Closures 09/21/2012
- The Kittitas County Emergency Operations Center, in conjunction with Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW), has coordinated additional closures in response to continuing hazards from the Table Mountain Fire.
- Table Mountain Fire - Kittitas County EOC Update 9-20-12 09/20/2012
- The Kittitas County Emergency Operations Center has issued Level 1 Evacuation notifications for an area along the south border of the current Level 3 notifications in the foothills north of Ellensburg.
- Table Mountain Fire - Air Quality and Smoke Safety Update 09/20/2012
- It is the recommendation of the Kittitas County Health Officer that as long as wildfire smoke in our area is categorized by the Department of Ecology as “very unhealthy” or “hazardous”, preventative methods should be used to reduce exposure.
- Table Mountain Fire - Evacuation Level Upgraded 09/19/2012
- The Kittitas County Emergency Operations Center has upgraded the following areas to Evacuation Level 3 effective 2pm today.
- Table Mountain Fire - Kittitas County EOC Update 9-19-12 09/19/2012
- The Kittitas County Emergency Operations Center has received notice that the Washington State Department of Transportation has closed a portion of US97 due to fire activity in the area.
- 9-18-12 Press Release – Table Mountain Fire Update 09/18/2012
- The Kittitas County Emergency Operations Center is maintaining evacuation levels and road closures, with no changes effective today. Forest closures also remain in place for the Naneum State Forest and Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest (east of US97 to the Naneum State Forest).
- CORRECTED - Table Mountain & Yakima Complex Fires - Public Meetings 09/17/2012
- Two public meetings will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 18th, to provide information on the Table Mountain Fire and Yakima Complex Fires.
- Table Mountain Fire EOC Update 9-17-12 09/17/2012
- Kittitas County Emergency Operations Center has posted an updated fire map on the county webpage, http://www.co.kittitas.wa.us/, which shows current evacuation levels for the Table Mountain Complex and active fire areas for the Table Mountain Complex, Yakima Complex and Wenatchee Complex. The interactive map can be found by clicking on the Kittitas County response page link under the Table Mountain Fire Information headline.
- Table Mountain Fire Evacuation Update 9-16-12 09/16/2012
- Effective 12pm on Sunday, Sept. 16, included are the current evacuation levels for the Table Mountain Fire:
- Table Mountain Fire Forces Evacuations, Forest Closures 09/15/2012
- The attached is a most recent press release from Fire Incident command in Kittitas County.