Press Releases and Public Service Announcements
- Kittitas County Commissioners - Seeking Volunteers 03/04/2013
- Kittitas County is seeking volunteers for the following Boards, Committee's and Commissions.
The Airport Advisory Board
The Alcohol-Substance Abuse Program Board
The Area Agency on Aging
The Kittitas County Civil Service Commission
The Board of Equalization
The Kittitas County Fair Board
The Kittitas County Homelessness & Affordable Housing Committee
The Kittitas County Board of Health
The Kittitas County Horticulture Pest & Disease Board
The Kittitas County Housing Authority Board
The Kittitas County Library Advisory Board
The Kittitas County Mental Health Development Disabilities Board
The Kittitas County Noxious Weed Control Board
The Kittitas County Open Space Advisory Committee
The Kittitas County Planning Commission
The Kittitas County Road Variance Committee
The Kittitas County TV Improvement Dist. Board
The Kittitas County Water Conservancy Board
- County Announces Request for Grant Proposals for Lodging Tax Funds 09/27/2012
- Kittitas County announced today that applications for the County’s Annual Lodging Tax Grants are now being accepted. The application is posted online at the County’s website (www.co.kittitas.wa.us) or can be picked up in person at the Commissioner’s office in the Kittitas County Courthouse on the corner of 5th and Main Street in Ellensburg. The application deadline is October 26.
- Fire Debris requires 15-Day Waiting Period 08/18/2012
- As cleanup efforts begin in the areas impacted by the Taylor Bridge Fire, property owners need to be aware that burned debris cannot be accepted at the Kittitas County Transfer Stations until 15 days after the fire occurred on their property. Due to safety concerns at County facilities, the 15-day waiting period is necessary to assure that all burned material is completely extinguished. Material with live embers may cause risk for fire at the transfer station or landfill when combined with other waste.
- Kittitas County Terminates Contract for Armory Project 06/20/2012
- Kittitas County Commissioners on Tuesday unanimously voted to terminate the current construction contract and all remaining work for the Armory remodel project with Skyline Contractors, Inc. of Spokane. The decision was the result of thorough consideration and deliberation after issues were raised last week by the contractor regarding the safety and structural integrity of the building. An inspection by experts, agency officials, and representatives of the County and contractor was conducted on Friday of last week and reports are forthcoming. Once those reports are received and reviewed, the County will decide what, if any, actions are needed to assure the building is safe. The County will also decide whether, when, and on what conditions to resume construction.
- County Awards Historical Society $5,000 Grant 05/18/2012
- Kittitas County Commissioners recently awarded a $5000 grant from county lodging tax funds to the Kittitas County Historical Society to help purchase new, permanent displays for the Rollinger Rock Collection. The grant was announced Wednesday evening by Commissioner Paul Jewell at an award ceremony during the Historical Museum's Open House event. "We are extremely pleased that the Rollinger Rock Collection has found a permanent home at the Kittitas County Historical Museum," Jewell said. "The collection will now be enjoyed in perpetuity and these funds are being made available to the Historical Society to make certain that happens."
- New Construction Ground Breaking 06/30/2011
- Kittitas County is increasing the size of their jail, but not taxes. The project will kick off with a ground breaking ceremony on Tuesday July 5, 2011 at 1:00 p.m. at the Kittitas County Courthouse. The ground breaking ceremony will take place in the courtyard, which is the location of the new jail pod. The project is a unique and creative way which will reduce construction costs and increase operational efficiency.