Press Releases and Public Service Announcements
- Kittitas County to Lift Burn Ban October 16, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. 10/15/2012
- ELLENSBURG, Wash.— Brenda Larsen, Kittitas County Fire Marshal, today announced that Kittitas County will lift the burn ban effective October 16, 2012 at 12:00 p.m.
- Kittitas County to Implement Burn Ban effective August 1, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. 07/31/2012
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pursuant to Chapter 20.08 of the Kittitas County Code, there exists an extreme fire hazard due to high temperatures, low relative humidity and low fuel moisture content of 1,000 hr fuels.
Effective Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 12:00 p.m., Kittitas County is imposing a prohibition against open burning and recreational fires for Fire District 1, Fire District 3, Fire District 6, Fire District 7, Fire District 8, private land and campgrounds outside of fire districts, and the properties under the authority of the Department of Natural Resources which are outside of an approved campground. Open burning is prohibited in the district of Snoqualmie Pass Fire and Rescue, however, recreational fires no larger than 2’x2’ in diameter may be allowed with Fire Chief approval.
The burn ban does not include areas within the boundaries of Kittitas Valley Fire and Rescue (Ellensburg area) and Fire District 4 (Vantage area).
- Kittitas County Bans Sky Lanterns 06/20/2012
- Effective Tuesday, June 20, 2012 at 8:00 a.m., a ban has been placed on the lighting or release of Sky Lanterns within Kittitas County.
- Kittitas County to Lift Burn Ban September 30, 2011 at 12:00 p.m. 09/28/2011
- ELLENSBURG, Wash.— Brenda Larsen, Kittitas County Fire Marshal, today announced that Kittitas County will lift the burn ban effective September 30, 2011 at 12:00 p.m.