Below is a list of the departments that make up Kittitas County's government.
As our departments come online with a web site, you can click on the department
name link to visit their site.
- The County Assessor determines the value of all real and personal property in Kittitas County. The County
Assessor is Marsha Weyand.
- The County Auditor provides accounting, vehicle licensing, elections/voter registration and recording
services. The County Auditor is Jerry V. Pettit.
- Board of County Commissioners
- The Board of County Commissioners is the county's elected legislative authority.
- The County Clerk is the administrative and financial officer of the Superior Court and is an acceptance
agent for U. S. passports. The clerk is Joyce L. Julsrud.
- Community Development Services
- Community Development Services provides assistance to the public regarding land use and development
activities. We serve all of Kittitas County excluding the city of Ellensburg.
- District Court
- The Extension office helps people develop leadership skills and use research-based knowledge to improve
their economic status and quality of life.
- Fire Marshal
- The Kittitas County Fire Marshal's Office provides inspection, enforcement, regulation, investigation,
and public education services. All the efforts of this office are designed to reduce the deaths, injuries,
and property losses of Kittitas County residents.
- Human Resource
- The Human Resource Department handles issues related to employment with Kittitas County.
- Information Technology
- Information Technology manages the county network, web sites, computer systems, and software.
- Kittitas County Event Center (fairgrounds)
- The Kittitas County Fair is Washington's classic county fair. Facilities are available for use throughout
- Kittitas County Maintenance maintains the physical structures of the county and supports staff with
all facility based issues.
- Noxious Weed Control Board
- The Noxious Weed Control Board protects Kittitas County's natural resources from the degrading impact
of exotic, invasive noxious weeds.
- Probation Services
- Probation Services provides recommendations and enforces court orders for all of the courts in Kittitas
- The Prosecutor's Office has major responsibilities as a legal adviser, a prosecutor of criminal matters,
a representative of the county in civil cases, and as ex-officio coroner.
- Public Health Department
- The Kittitas County Public Health Department provides community health, health promotion, and environmental
health services including but not limited to, immunizations, food safety, drinking water, on-site septic,
communicable diseases, and birth/death certificates.
- Public Works
- The Kittitas County Public Works department is responsible for the engineering, construction, maintenance,
and administration of the Kittitas County road system as defined in
RCW 36.75 - 36.88.
- The Sheriff's Office is responsible for the safety of the citizens of Kittitas County.
- Solid Waste
- The Solid Waste Department is legislated to function as the clearing house for all solid issues within
the County, including but not limited to, liquid waste, hazardous waste, moderate risk waste, recycling,
waste reduction, putrescible and garbage wastes.
- Superior Court
- The County Treasurer handles the collection and disbursement of county taxes as well as investment county
funds. The County Treasurer is Deanna Panattoni.